At Space International, we put a lot of thought into how our products work and how they look. However, there are less obvious “features” that are equally important to us and to our customers. Features like the environmental impact of our products and the impact on the people who use them and make them. As we frequently get questions and requests for information regarding our policies, compliances, quality and environmental initiatives, we have collected many of these in one place.
When ever possible use materials which are recycled and recyclable. With a few minor exception, all our products are made with steel and aluminum, which both fulfill this criteria. While estimates vary, it is estimated that using recycled aluminum over “virgin” aluminum represents more than a 90% reductions in energy consumption and Co2 emissions. For steel the equivalent savings are 75% or higher.
We are currently in the process of collecting detailed information regarding the recycled content of all our products and a complete list will be published when available. For now it may be of interest to know that the aluminum parts of our Anyway monitor arms made from 100% recycled aluminum.
Examples of our own efforts include:
* As of July 2008, all Space facilities located in Denmark are certified to be powered by CO2 neutralwind power (see certificate below).
* Recycling of all paper and cardboard used and received at Space International facilities.
* Energy efficient building design.
* 100% use of low-energy, fluorescent light bulbs,
* Whenever possible, use electronic media over paper.
Click here for Green Power Certificate (pdf 200 kb).
Copyright 2008 Space International
Current site: Americas. Change
Denmark: (+45) 59 62 00 52